Video: An opportunity like no other for small caps
Sinclair Currie, NovaPort Principal and Co-Portfolio Manager speaks to Sinead Rafferty Investment Specialist, Fidante Partners on the outlook for small caps and impact on markets from increased fiscal spending.
- Technology stocks have been the market darlings for the last decade and in some cases have risen to eye-watering levels. Do you see this changing looking forward?
- Cheap money has been around for a decade and now as a result of the pandemic-induced recession we are seeing staggering amounts of fiscal spending, how does this impact markets?
- What sectors do you see benefitting from increased fiscal stimulus?
- Small caps have outperformed large caps since the market bottomed in March, why is that?
- What is your view on the outlook for small caps?
Related Insights: Read Sinclair’s recent thought piece, Change = Opportunity.
This material has been prepared by NovaPort Capital Pty Limited (ABN 88 140 833 656, AFSL 385 329) (NovaPort), the investment manager of NovaPort Smaller Companies Fund and NovaPort Microcap Fund (Funds). Fidante Partners Limited ABN 94 002 835 592 AFSL 234668 (Fidante), is the responsible entity of the Funds. Other than information which is identified as sourced from Fidante in relation to the Funds, Fidante is not responsible for the information in this material, including any statements of opinion. It is general information only and is not intended to provide you with financial advice or take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider, with a financial adviser, whether the information is suitable for your circumstances. To the extent permitted by law, no liability is accepted for any loss or damage as a result of any reliance on this information. The PDS for the Funds, issued by Fidante, should be considered before deciding whether to acquire or hold units in the Funds. The PDS can be obtained by calling 13 51 53 or visiting www.fidante.com. Neither Fidante nor any of its respective related bodies corporate guarantees the performance of the Funds, any particular rate of return or return of capital. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Any projections are based on assumptions which we believe are reasonable, but are subject to change and should not be relied upon. NovaPort and Fidante have entered into arrangements in connection with the distribution and administration of financial products to which this material relates. In connection with those arrangements, NovaPort and Fidante may receive remuneration or other benefits in respect of financial services provided by the parties.