Quarterly Thought Pieces
Welcome to the Novaport Quarterly Thought Pieces. Each quarter Sinclair Currie will pick a topic of interest, or an issue to discuss.
Hey Facebook! There’s a snail in my bottle
In Paisley 80 years ago, a woman became ill after being served ginger beer from a bottle containing a decomposing snail. The ensuing claim for damages resulted in a lengthy legal process resulting in success for the claimant. This precedent created a legal risk associated with poor quality service and forms a foundation of our modern concept of ‘duty of care’ owed by enterprises to their stakeholders.
Previous Quarterly Thought Pieces:
- December 2017: China's strategy is changing - Webcast | PDF
- June 2017: Patience - Webcast | PDF
- March 2017: Market Recap- Webcast | PDF
- December 2016: Aged Care - elderly who are expected to live for longer - Webcast | PDF
- September 2016: Let's face it we're all getting older - Webcast | PDF
- June 2016: East Coast gas markets at a crossroads - Webcast | PDF
- March 2016: Earnings certainty and risky share prices - Webcast | PDF
- September 2015: Resources - dead cat bounce or has something changed - Webcast | PDF
Click here to access our archive of Quarterly Thought Pieces.