Our investment philosophy is to hold quality companies for the long term.
- Active management works in small caps
- The alpha is in stock picking, not asset allocation
- Quality outperforms in the long term
- Long-term investment works particularly well in small caps
- Stock focus, quality criteria and a longer holding period
- Low risk approach to the asset class – seeking above benchmark returns for below benchmark risk
- Low portfolio turnover
- Clear straightforward strategy
Focus on real returns, not relative
Invest in companies, not stocks
High conviction, low turnover
Benchmark unaware approach
Return hurdle is 50% upside over three years 15% p.a.
We conduct proprietary, fundamentally driven bottom up research
Target 5%-10% above the Benchmark1 over 3 year time horizon
The primary risks we manage are those specific to the companies we own
1. Benchmark is S&P/ASX Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index.